My Dripping Face


When I’m off on the weekends, we go out to breakfast; and of course, Casey & Tessie go along for the ride. So a couple of Sundays ago, we slept in and then went to Jersey Mike’s for lunch instead before going grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. My husband had a free regular sub & drink birthday coupon.

I can never finish my meal, so I always take leftovers home for lunch at work; and sometimes, my husband will save a bite of his breakfast or lunch as a doggie treat.

On this day, he had a Philly Cheese Steak sub and saved them a couple of bites. After I scraped the onions & green peppers off, I gave Casey & Tessie 2 bites each.

The next thing I knew Casey was giving me an extra-large wet kiss. I had drool or slobber dripping from my face. I looked at my husband, and he was laughing as he passed me a napkin.

I Turned My Back for One Minute


I set 2 pieces of chocolate candy down next to my Coke on the end table by where my husband was sitting while I put our Redbox movie in. I saw Casey come over and lay down. He was chomping on something, but I didn’t put 2 plus 2 together. I just assumed he was still working on his C.E.T. HEXtra dental chew.

Well, you know what happens when you assume something. I went into OMG panic mode. I grabbed my phone to Google what would happen if dogs ate chocolate. The chocolate was 2 pieces of a 12-piece TOBLERONE Crunchy Salted Almond (Swiss Milk Chocolate w/Salted Caramelized Almonds and Honey and Almond Nougat) candy bar. So, I did the math: 3.52 oz ÷ 12 = 2.583 × 2 = 0.586 oz.

Luckily, Casey was fine. He did not get sick or show any of the symptoms in this article by Doctors Foster and Smith.

~ “Chocolate Toxicity in Dogs”

Jake Went to Heaven Today


Jake joined Zack in Heaven today (April 17, 2017 @ 4:32 pm). He was 14 1/2 years old.

Instead of having blood & urine labs done to rule out cancer, diabetes, kidney, liver, or thyroid disease, my husband & I decided to do the humane thing before Jake started suffering. He has had several accidents out of the litter box, he chewed the hair off the inside of his front legs, he was down to 6 1/2 lbs, and there were other symptoms as well.

I realize Jake might have had something treatable, but (1) would we be able to afford it and (2) would he have prolonged quality of life? I didn’t want him to be like Elliott, my first cat, who had surgery for cancer and then died 2 months later from liver cancer. Nor did I want him to be like Zack who had blood work & x-rays done and then didn’t come home w/us.

Our awesome 8-year-old granddaughter was at the Vet w/me. She made this for me when she spent the night w/us. . . .

In honor of our little miracle, here are my favorite photos. . . .