Do you think you know everything about our canine companions? Think again! Check out these 10 surprising facts about dogs.
1. Your dog is as smart as a 2-year-old toddler.
2. Dogs and cats both slurp water the same way.
3. Your dog does have a sense of time — and misses you when you’re gone.
4. Your dog’s whiskers help him “see” in the dark.
5. Dogs only have sweat glands in their paws.
6. On average, a dog’s mouth exerts 320 pounds of pressure.
7. Your one year-old pup is as physically mature as a 15-year-old human.
8. Your dog’s sense of smell is 1,000 to 10 million times better than yours.
9. Dogs can hear 4 times as far as humans.
10. Your dog can smell your feelings.